YFZ Central banner

Steering stem

8K views 66 replies 10 participants last post by  atvman8351 
#1 ·
About to order the LSR +3+1.
Anyone happen to know if the lines/cables can reach?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Let's talk handle bars.
As much as I want flexx and precision clamps that's just not in the budget.
I've used renthal fat bars. Not bad I liked them.
Never used the protaper contours.
Any other 1-1/8 I should check out?

#17 ·
same here I wish i could get flexx but not atm. Been told by a few peps that an old trick was to fill your bars with sikaflex(any chalking stuff will do). Fill very slowly from one end and it will fill up the void inside, make sure slow so you get no air pockets and "supposedly" makes a huge difference to how your bars feel, just under a tube is plenty to fill them up and it will help with vibration alot. Aint tried it yet but probably give it a go soon...

#14 ·
Go with Protaper bars. I've been running the same protaper cr mid bend bars for 2 years. I bent my oem steering stem a couple months ago, nothing happened to the handlebars. I then bought a houser stem. First rideout I flipped the bike and bent the houser stem lol but once again nothing happened to the handlebars. Luckily an atv shop near me straightened the houser stem for me. I just have a ccp stabilizer, houser stem with houser clamps and the protaper bars, I think it handles great. I've never tried renthal but I would def buy protaper again if I had to.

#31 ·

Well don't know what I'm going to do with this extra long brake cable.

But this side is kind of short.

Hmmmmm. Now I see where the plus 2 went. 1-3 RPS

- So the stem is fine.
-throttle throttle and clutch cable won't work.
- brake lines won't work. They technically will, but there extended on the wrong end.

#33 · (Edited)
I'd rather more. That's easier to deal with. But not an extra mile like my brake lines.
The brake lines I'm not worried about.
I have individuals from the master to run that I'm just going to use.
I'll hang onto these as a just in case set. Or if someone wants to buy them I'll sell them. 55 bucks. They retail for 70. Part number YFZR-F-2. Never used.

#34 · (Edited)
So I was told to "undo zip ties" to get. The length I need.
Needless to say, I'm calling RPS tomorrow to talk to someone that has more clues then the parts orderer there.
Oh, and I also ordered the wrong stuff. So I should've placed the correct order. Silly me for thinking the guy on the other end would figure this is all for one bike and I would need the correct parts

#37 ·
Thanks, but I'm not paying extra when I got a suggestion, ordered that, then was told I ordered the wrong thing.
I'm going to make a few calls tomorrow to try and get this resolved.
But I feel like it's not going to go anywhere.

#38 ·
Well, RPS Park sent me a PM.
I'm going to eat my words. They came through in a huge way for me possibly.
As of right now it's only in writing. But if all goes according as promised, they honestly have a pretty amazing business practice

#39 · (Edited)
HI all!

I really prefer to deal this over PM but since its already on a public thread... I think we also need to post this here...

I understood the issue was with the brake lines, I confirmed with LSR that we sent you the correct lines and they were the ones that suggested to relocate the lines, not us...

Here's the solution we offered Rob (Sheerider11):
1) We just sent him a FULL refund for the brake lines, he can keep them for FREE.
2) We also offered to send him a FREE pair of throttle and clutch lines, we're just waiting his reply to process the order for these cables.

We strive to provide the best service possible, but we're humans and we ALL make mistakes...

#40 ·
HI all!

I really prefer to deal this over PM but since its already on a public thread... I think we also need to post this here...

I understood the issue was with the brake lines, I confirmed with LSR that we sent you the correct lines and they were the ones that suggested to relocate the lines, not us...

Here's the solution we offered Rob (Sheerider11):
1) We just sent him a FULL refund for the brake lines, he can keep them for FREE.
2) We also offered to send him a FREE pair of throttle and clutch lines, we're just waiting his reply to process the order for these cables.

We strive to provide the best service possible, but we're humans and we ALL DO MAKE mistakes...
Good to see a sponsor taking care of their customers.

Reactions: kilroy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.